Cancer is that dreadful word which every person try not even speaking of. The inflated number of people diagnosed with this disease every year and the deplorable figures of cancer deaths have only contributed to augment the terror of cancer in people. However, while cancer in itself is massively ethereal, breast cancer, in particular, has emerged as the prominent cause of cancer death in women after lung cancer. It is also the most common cancer in women after skin cancer.
Breast cancer grows in the breast tissue. Some genetic mutation in the DNA makes breast cells cancerous. When these cancer cells get collected they form a tumor causing cancer. However, exact answer as to why breast cancer happens in some women (who sometimes have no risk factor) and not others (who may have risk factors), is still ambiguous.
Risk factors for Breast Cancer
- Age is a crucial factor that increases the possibilities of having cancer. It has been observed that most women diagnosed with breast cancer were between the age of 45 to 60 years. Hence, as the age increases, the risk of developing cancer increases proportionally.
- A family history of breast cancer is the potential risk factor. It is pretty likely for a woman to have cancer if her mother, sister or daughter had breast cancer.
- Early advent of the menstrual cycle or late menopause upsurges the risk of breast cancer. Hence, for women whose mensuration started before the age of 12 or who went through menopause after the age of 55 are at higher risk of having breast cancer. Park Hospital, one of the best cancer care hospitals in India, has some of the finest cancer doctors in Karnal and oncologists in Gurgaon. These experts state that long exposure to the female hormone, estrogen, kindle the growth of cells in the breast, which subsequently leads to cancer.
- Obesity makes for another risk factor leading to breast cancer. Women who are overweight after menopause are more probable of having cancer.
- Alcohol consumption by women doubles their risk of breast cancer. And it is irrespective of the amount of alcohol consumed. Therefore, light drinking can also cause cancer in women.
- Pregnancy also plays a crucial role in determining the development of breast cancer. Late or no pregnancy at all, imposes serious risks of breast cancer. Women who have no kids or have kids after the age of thirty have a greater risk of breast cancer.
Symptoms of breast cancer
A lump in the breast or armpit and coagulated tissue in the breast are first marked symptoms of breast cancer in women. Early diagnosis helps to cure cancer in a better way. Hence, women must observe and check their breast regularly. Following symptoms must be reported to a doctor immediately:
- Pain in the armpits
- Redding of the skin of the breast
- Any unusual or bloody discharge from the nipples.
- Changes in the size of the breast
- Rashes on the nipples
- Sunken nipples
According to eminent doctors of Park Hospital, the best cancer hospital in Delhi, treatment of breast cancer majorly hinges on two critical factors: the type of breast cancer and its stage. Cancer treatment has become relatively advanced and plausible by virtue of hospitals like Park which owns cancer care and oncology center rendering affordable cancer treatment in India. Having strongly established cancer hospitals in Panipat and Karnal, Park is helping India fight with this invasive disease.
The treatments available at Park Hospital, one the best oncology hospital in India are:
- Advanced Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy