Menstrual cramp is the worst things women go through, and yet it is avoided by everyone. The intensity of the cramps obviously varies from one person to another. But in case your cramps keep you from doing the normal daily chores, then it’s time for you to see a doctor and get the right treatment for stomach cramps. Extreme stomach cramps can be a symptom of endometriosis, which is the growth of the cell from the lining of the uterus. It also leads to infertility and painful sex. Despite being a very common problem, it goes undiagnosed for a very long time. Here are some symptoms of endometriosis you must not ignore at any cost.
Symptoms of endometriosis
- The most common symptom of endometriosis is pelvic pain, especially during menstruation. There are some women who experience pain even if they are not menstruating.
- Women also have longer menstruation cycle, which can last for more than 7 days.
- The menstruation flow is also very heavy, and doesn’t become light even towards the end.
- Urinary disorder, which includes painful urination, frequent urination, diarrhea etc.
- Nausea or vomiting is one of the most common symptoms of endometriosis.
- Painful Sex and infertility are two other symptoms of endometriosis. There are women who also go through multiple miscarriages because of endometriosis.
Here are a few things you didn’t know about endometriosis-
- Endometriosis affects 1 out of 10 women
Despite being a disease which goes undiagnosed for many women, one out of every 10 women have been diagnosed with endometriosis. You must go to the right doctors for dilatation and curettage for the treatment for stomach cramps.
- Higher Pregnancy Complications in Endometriosis Patients
Women with Endometriosis are at a higher risk of complications during pregnancy. It can lead to recurrent miscarriages, problems in conceiving etc. However, if treated on time, you can have a healthier pregnancy. Usually, the doctors for dilatation and curettage use the hormone therapy in order to treat the same.
- Treatments available
Endometriosis can either be treated with hormonal therapy or laparoscopic surgery. The way the hormonal balancing is done varies from person to person. The medical history is studied and different methods are used in order to treat the same. If none of the other treatments work, laparoscopic surgery is the best possible treatment for Endometriosis.
For more Details call on : 1800-102-6767
Website: Park Hospital